{thirsty thursday} — still lovin’ the vitamix

7 Feb

when i tell people i have a vitamix they usually ask two questions :

1. do you love it?

2. how often do you use it?

and i always say, “yes.  and every day!”

and i really do.  i use it at least once a day to make a smoothie.  usually for breakfast or with it or before i head to work in the afternoon.  i use my vitamix every single day.  and i love it!  i’m working on perfecting recipes to share on the blog of other amazing things it does.  for example : nut butters, soups, flours, and sorbet to name a few.

but it was still love at first sight and i’ve been falling in love more every day. how can i not?!  heavy duty, all one-piece, little to no food waste, easy cleanup – what more can you ask for in an all-purpose kitchen appliance?!

this creation was one of my favourites to date :

vitamixsmoothie-6

organic :

– mango {freshy fresh, so good!}

– blueberries {fresh, ‘cuz they were on sale – mix it up!}

– strawberries {frozen}

– blackberries {frozen}

– spinach {fresh, baby ;)}

– tangerine {fresh, seedless}

– 1/2 banana

– kiwi

– grape juice

– orange juice

– splash of almond milk

– protein powder, ground flax, fairy dust, and whole lotta love…

vitamixsmoothie-4

this was a pretty red colour and i loved the flavour!!

i totally want a mango tree!

Advertisements

11 Responses to “{thirsty thursday} — still lovin’ the vitamix”

1. anthony0358 February 7, 2013 at 11:49 am #

I am not ready for the snow

• cooking with audrey February 10, 2013 at 11:49 am #

you’ve definitely had your share of weather there in NYC! so resilient, those new yorkers. i love seeing the pics!

2. Lady Yoga February 7, 2013 at 6:10 pm #

A Vitamix is on my wish list. They are sooooo expensive but seem to be so practical and useful. Some day….some day. 🙂

• cooking with audrey February 10, 2013 at 11:45 am #

they are pricy, yes. but that’s why i call it an investment. it’s something i hear people keep around for a dozen years or longer, so it pays itself off later again and again… it’s an investment in your health, too. it changes how you look at your food! i never waste anything anymore! 🙂 i think they have a payment plan… just sayin 😉

• Lady Yoga February 10, 2013 at 12:16 pm #

Really? A payment plan. I can see why. Well, that changes things. I have been vacillating between a Vitamix and upgrading my juicer to a masticating juicer. The nice thing is that it sounds like with the Vitamix you get to eat the whole fruit/veg and thus get more fiber than juice alone. Have you used it for juicing? Does it really pulverize everything? Even seeds? Do they get really small (i.e. grainy) or just sort or disappear into the mix?

• cooking with audrey February 10, 2013 at 12:25 pm #

i feel like i should work for them or something haha! yes, i throw in the whole food. i quarter apples, throw the whole thing in – seeds, stems etc., pomegranate seeds, celery, kale, chia seeds, nuts, dates, etc. it pulverizes it ALL! i mean, occasionally there are a tiny few grains of things in there but it’s tolerable, not chunky or hard to drink. it’s amazing! i’ve done sorbet and dry-chopped cabbage and the like. i’ve ground nuts and oats, but have not made my own flour or nut butter yet – but it does that, too! 🙂

• Lady Yoga February 10, 2013 at 5:51 pm #

Wow. I can see why it’s so worth the investment. You’re talking me into it, girl! 😉

3. lesleykingsley February 7, 2013 at 8:19 pm #

I’ve nominated you for a Liebster Award:) Keep on blogging!

4. juliem February 8, 2013 at 8:23 am #

Hello Audrey,
    Although you have a little “too much” followers, I nominated you for a Liebster award! Keep on blogging! http://askjuliem.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/the-liebster-award-my-nominees/

• cooking with audrey February 10, 2013 at 11:44 am #

didn’t know there was a limit to followers for awards! 😉 but thank you!!!

i heart comments.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s