{meatless monday} – super easy and pretty rainbow tacos

20 Aug

these could not be simpler.  nor more delicious and healthy and light and good for you.

– whole wheat locally made tortillas, warm them up if you like

– organic black beans, drained and slightly heated via stovetop w/ a little S&P

– fresh avocado, chopped

– organic cherry tomatoes, chopped

– organic sharp cheddar cheese, shredded {normally i’d buy white, but the colour is only from annatto and i’m down with that, because it makes the rainbow in my rainbow tacos look really great…}

– sweet onion, diced

pile it up – any form you’d like really – i just try to create a rainbow…

– beans, avocado, cheese, tomato, onion, S&P

when i first tried this meal i commented on how when i took a bite, it looked like a rainbow… like this :

but really, who cares how you pile it up – when you take a bite, all that yummy flavour takes over and it doesn’t matter…

well, i guess that’s not true – i always think aesthetics matter.  but you know, i’m an artist – i would.

🙂

Advertisements

11 Responses to “{meatless monday} – super easy and pretty rainbow tacos”

1. mylifeisthebestlife August 20, 2012 at 9:16 am #

I LOVE food like this! I’m a very tactile person, so I like finger foods or stuff that you hold. Also, food on sticks. I have a passion for food on sticks.

• cooking with audrey August 20, 2012 at 9:16 am #

totally me too. i like to “play” with my food… i swear i should run a food truck!

• mylifeisthebestlife August 20, 2012 at 9:20 am #

ACK!!! I used to want to open a mashed potato truck! I wanted to serve endless variations of mashed potatoes, served in a paper cone with a little fork or spoon. Spork maybe? I was going to call it “SMASHED!” and it would be a HIT in bar districts everywhere. And every once in a while I would have give-aways and people would get tank tops and bumper stickers that say “I got SMASHED last night!” and stuff like that.

It’s possible that I may have over-thought this one…

• cooking with audrey August 20, 2012 at 9:21 am #

it’s possible that you could make it big with that kickass idea! are you kidding?! smashed?! so smart. start looking into the details, lady… you could be on to something! holy crap, they would {literally} eat that up in NYC!

• mylifeisthebestlife August 20, 2012 at 9:25 am #

I had SO MANY menu options ready…I ADORE mashed potatoes and all the crazy things you can do with them!

Husbandio makes this crazy super spicy tomato dish with lots of cinnamon and cloves and heat heat heat and putting it on mashed potatoes is like HEAVEN IN YOUR MOUTH.

2. anthony0358 August 20, 2012 at 10:06 am #

look at all this COLOR! Ms Audrey, you cook two kinds of food, Food that I LOVE already! AND FOOD that I love to TRY! This looks so yummy! I gotta try this later this week
    Its no Wonder NYC is a little less beautiful since you left!

• cooking with audrey August 21, 2012 at 7:36 am #

awww anthony 🙂 you are such a gem, thank you for all the kind words. you’ll love these tacos, and you can pick everything up at WFM on your way home.

3. Food Follower August 20, 2012 at 10:26 am #

Love all the colors!

4. inphotomd August 20, 2012 at 7:36 pm #

Hey! That’s what I just had for dinner tonight! Yum!
    p.s. If I can’t get a hold if you to talk to you in person, I guess I’ll just talk to your blog : )

• cooking with audrey August 21, 2012 at 7:35 am #

hehe, so glad we got to chat!! and so glad you like the rainbow tacos heheheeeee

i heart comments.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s